Presentation Dos and Don'ts
When creating sales or marketing presentations, there are a few do's and don'ts to keep in mind if your end goal is to close more deals. Whenever prospecting sales, it is important to remember how your presentation will come across to potential customers.
There are certain presentation strategies that must be met in order to convert sales leads into customers. First and most importantly, is your online presentation easy to access? Busy business professionals don't have the time to mess with long downloads and complicated processes to check out presentations. The advantage with on demand multimedia is that prospects can check out your presentation when it is convenient for them.
Below are a few guidelines to follow with online presentations:
- Do use graphs, pictures, and visually appealing text.
- Do make sure you address the point of your presentation quickly.
- Do keep the jargon to a minimum. You don't need fancy industry terms to impress prospects.
- Do add video to personalize and draw in prospects even more.
- Do add your contact information to your presentation.
- Don't have 20 slides when 10 would suffice.
- Don't add clutter or too much text to your slides. Prospects will become distracted if there is too much information.
- Don't address too many issues within one presentation.
- Don't forget a call to action for your prospects.
- Don't forget to follow up with a phone call to all the leads you sent a presentation to.